Sunday, October 5, 2008

Sunday, Oct.5

I have been reading several of your blogs this morning. Lots of fun reading about you and your families and all your activities. It is fun to read about you young parents and about your children. You get old like me and kind of forget what it was like having little children and the challenges that come with them.
I think Kathleen and I must live a boring life. It seems like all we do is work, sleep, and work some more. It is good we have Jeffrey to keep us on the go. I have been filling in a little bit as the second adult for his cub scout group. We went fishing a couple of weeks ago and Jeff caught the first fish of the group. He was really excited about it. He only has a couple of more requirements and then he should receive his wolf. He will go into the Webelows in December, already 10 years old.

Still working at Uncle Ralph's house. Todd and I are trying to finish up the decks and steps outside. The painters are supposed to be mostly finished with the inside in another couple of weeks and then we will have several odds and ends to finish up so they can use it for Thanksgiving. I need to have Whitnee or Natalia take some pictures and put them on my blog so all of you can see. I don't know how to do something as technical as that.

We are slowly (really slowly) trying to get some landscaping done in our yard. I just don't work near as fast or get as much done in 24 hours as I used to be able to do.

It is conference weekend and yesterday it rained all day long. It is raining again this morning. It started about 6am and has been raining steady since. We needed the moisture. Conference was really good and I enjoyed all the talks. I missed priesthood as I was here at work so I look forward to being able to read those talks.

I can't remember if I ever mentioned that Kathleen got a chicken for her birthday. It is actually a rooster weathervane. When we built our house we decided we wanted a weathervane so I build a coupola when I was shingling the roof but had never put a weathervane up so I told Kathleen she could get one for her birthday. She ordered one from a place in Maine. It really looks kind of neat. It stands about 5 feet tall with the directionals and all but on top of the house it really doesn't look so big. It is shinny copper right now but sadly will eventually turn kind of greenish. It is kind of fun to look at and watch it turn in the wind.

In one more hour I get to go home. I guess we are going to Brad and Natalia's this morning to watch conference with them and then to Matt and Krachel's to watch the afternoon session and eat dinner. I guess I won't get much sleep until tonight but it will be fun to see the kids and the GRANDKIDS!!!! They are so fun. I recommend that everyone have grandchildren.

After reading Bryant and Rebecca's blog, I don't think I will ever complain about being tired and not getting much sleep at night.

3 comments:

The Tomlinsons said...

Your comments are so funny. It is fun to read about your thoughs. It is good that you are being kept so young. We are involved in Cub Scouts here in California. Rob was called to be the cub master and get the program organised and started.

Natalia from Piece N Quilt said...

I'll have to take some pictures today! Everyone would be so impressed with Ralph and Jeannie's house! You've done an amazing job!

Unknown said...

We're glad you came to visit. Thanks for hanging the mirrors!