Monday, August 25, 2008

August 25 Happy Anniversary

I'm afraid I am getting more forgetful all the time. kathleen reminded me as I was walking out the door this morning for work that today is our anniversary, how could I forget? It has now been 30 years of mostly bliss. There have been a few bumps in the road but has truly been a wonderful 30 years together. I could not have married a more wonderful woman who has truly been the better half of our marriage. She has made me a better person and inspires me to try to do better all the time.
We, Kathleen and I, are still enjoying the fact that we now have two beautiful grandaughters. Wow it is fun being grandparents. We should of had grandchildren sooner if I had know how fun they can be.

To celebrate our big day I am working a 24 hour shift and Kathleen went to work for 10 hours. Then it will be off to work at Uncle Ralph's house, life just does not slow down, but I sure have. It now seems to take me twice as long to do anything. Life truly is wonderful isn't it.

4 comments:

TJ and Whitnee said...

I didn't realize what the date was until I got to work today, and then I remembered that is was your anniversary! Happy Anniversary!

Natalia from Piece N Quilt said...

Maybe you should use our little card and go eat at Zermatt this weekend! Thursday BBQ buffet, Friday Seafood Buffet or Saturday All American Buffet:)MMMMM they all sound soooo good:) They also have a more casual restaurant where you could just go to lunch:) Anyways happy 30 years~ I remember your 25th like it was yesterday. Me, you, mom and Jeff on the scooters all around Jackson Hole:)

Deanna said...

Happy Anniversary!

Howells Fam said...

Congratulations you two! I'll tell you the same thing that I told my parents - even if you don't celebrate your anniversary today, you need to celebrate it sometime!