Sunday, August 17, 2008

Sunday, August 17

Whitnee thought we, (Kathleen and I) needed a blog spot so everyone can keep up with us. Kathleen and I still live in the 19th century so she had to creat this site and set it up for us. She talked me through signing up so we will see if I can still remember tomorrow. We might even figure how to put pictures on here once in a while.

We are busy building a house for Uncle Ralph and Aunt Jeanne. We were trying to put a yard in but it has kind of been put on the back burner the last month while we have been busy at the house.

We are busy trying to keep up with Jeff and the other kids as well. Jeff is signed up for hunter safety classes so we take him each Tuesday and Thursday evening. He only has two more classes to go and then he will be done with that. Kathleen took him school shopping the other day since school starts on Tuesday. Where did summer go to so fast? They came home with new school clothes and a Wii. Actually, he is taking piano lessons and I told him a while ago that if he would practice faithfully for 1/2 hour each day for at least two months we would buy him a Wii. He has actually been pretty good at practicing.

We enjoy our family and the grandchildren are a blast. Actually, we only have one grandchild at the present time and are expecting a second any day now. We enjoy reading blogs from family and friends so maybe we can keep in touch with some of you this way. Have a great evening.

7 comments:

Natalia from Piece N Quilt said...

Yay! I am so happy that you have a blog too! Now we just need to teach you how to leave comments:)

TJ and Whitnee said...

Dad I'm so impressed that you were able to post! Now you need to teach mom!

Matt and Krachel said...

Im glad you're finally blogging, but can we vote on the pictures you use of us? PLEASE!

Dan and Sara said...

You are the cutest Aunt & Uncle ever! I love that you started a blog. Now maybe you can talk my mom & dad into starting one! I think then I'd be able to keep up on where in the world my dad is... literally! As it is now, I never have any idea!

Anyway - very cute blog :)

Layne & Ilene said...

IMPRESSIVE!!!Good thing you clarified the number of granddaughters that you have. For a minute I thought that you may have not called us with the latest update. We are happy to have you blogging too. Now we won't feel so out of place being the oldest bloggers in the family. John, you've got us beat. We love reading about and seeing how everyone is. Welcome to blogging. Keep us posted! I think Layne is wanting a Wii, too. Do you think that may help him rehabilitate?

Unknown said...

yes I am also grateful you clarified the number of grandchildren you have. I was beginning to wonder!

Andy & Ashlee said...

Wow! We are excited to be able to keep up on all of the exciting things you guys are doing. We are looking forward to all of the posts to come!