Friday, August 22, 2008

Olympics and hunters safety

I just finished watching the USA play Russia in volleyball, what a game. The US finally won in the 5th set. I am happy for them and especially for their coach.

Jeffrey passed his shooting and his written test this afternoon and got his hunters safety badge. I was a little concerned, he had been strugling with his shooting but came through like a real trooper this afternoon. We borrowed Uncle Scott's 22 and Jeff was able to handle it a little better. His gun is a little smaller and lighter than mine and so it was easier for Jeff to handle.

It has been a good day. The only thing better would be if I was home in my bed at the present time. Only 6 more hours to go and then I can go home, the only thing is is that then I will be at Uncle Ralph's house all day working. It is comming along nicely and really starting to look good. I hope everyone else has a good nights sleep tonight and pleasant dreams.

5 comments:

Natalia from Piece N Quilt said...

Wow! I am really impressed! You are becoming quite a pro at this:)

Deanna said...

Don't worry Uncle John, I was up watching the game because I couldn't sleep! Between bathroom breaks and an aching back the couch was as good as anywhere!

TJ and Whitnee said...

Jeff was so excited to pass, I think he called everyone in the whole family to share his news!

Howells Fam said...

Hey - I didn't know you guys had a blog! I'm excited to be able to check it out. Congrats on becoming grandparents AGAIN! You guys might be catching up to my parents here soon!

Layne & Ilene said...

Ilene told me you had a blog so I had to check it out. It is good to hear what is going on in the family. Keep up the blogging.